SEO use is increasing and becoming a common marketing strategy used in digital marketing companies. Search engine optimization is centered around building your websites visibility and connectivity within search results. SEO helps your users find your site when they are searching on-line or at the most critical times in the buying process.
1) What is search engine optimization?
SEO not only increases traffic to your site but also develops a website that is user-friendly. You want your site to be convenient as possible to your visitors making your products and services readily available at their fingertips. Also, you want your site to be recognized for its quality meaning the more popular a site, page, or document, the more valuable the information it contains must be. Remember, the search engines’ primary responsibility is to serve relevant results to their users. So refer to the question: What are my ideal customers looking for? Then make sure your site is delivering that to them.
2) What are search engines looking for?
Search engines have 2 primary functions: crawling and building an index, plus providing search users with a ranked list of the websites they’ve determined most relevant. When a person is doing an on-line search, you want your site to show up pertinent to that person’s query. Also, you want your site to acquire a reputation in delivering valuable information. What else determines relevancy?
- Content– is determined by the topic that is focused on, the text on the page, and the titles and descriptions that are given.
- Performance-How fast is your site and does it operate properly?
- Authority– Does your site have valuable content to link to or do other authoritative sites use your website as a reference or cite the information that is available?
- User experience– How does the site look? Is it easy to navigate around? Does it look safe? Does it have a hard bounce rate?
3) What search engines are not looking for
Everyone wants a piece of the pie (visibility) when it comes to attracting more traffic and utilizing keywords to make your domains rank higher. Thanks to Googles algorithm updates trying to create Black Hat strategies to manipulate the search engines are becoming less efficient. Items the search engines don’t want:
- Keyword stuffing -Overuse of keywords on your pages
- Purchased links– Buying links won’t get you anywhere when it comes to SEO
- Annoying Ads -Make it easier for the user to navigate through your site. Too many advertisements and ads destroy the pleasure of reading your content and slow down your site speed.
- Mobile App interstitials– If you present mobile visitors with a full-screen advert to download your app, Google will consider you no longer mobile friendly.
4) Optimizing for multiple channels
Keyword strategy is not only necessary to apply to your site to raise visibility, but it is also just important to engage in social media marketing. Make sure you are targeting all relevant social channels (wherever your ideal customers rely upon), and not just broadcasting your content in meaningless directions, but by using it as a customer service tool creating genuine connections with people in a friendly, helpful and entertaining way. This platform includes: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Email
5) Using Domain names
Having a keyword rich domain is no longer as helpful as it once was. In the past, SEOs and search marketers would often purchase domains that contained their targeted keywords to increase their rankings with Google, Yahoo and other search engines. Here are more helpful tips:
- Word separators- Avoid hyphens. Hyphens lessen credibility and can act as a spam indicator
- Top-level Domain (TLD)- Top-level domains (like.com) are the extensions associated with domain names. For best ranking results, avoid uncommon top-level domains. TLDs such as .info, .cc, .ws, and .name are spam indicators.
- Length– Steer clear of domain names longer than 15 characters. Short domain names are easier to remember, easier to share, and have a smaller chance to result in typos.
6) Optimize for other digital devices
Don’t only optimize for the desktop experience, makes sure you gear your focus towards mobile and tablet optimization as well as other media. Having a mobile version of your site gives you the advantage of reaching an instant connection with the customer. Your content should be equally optimized for any given screen size or device.
7) Implement your Meta descriptions
Having a Meta Description won’t necessarily improve your ranking, but it is something you want to include before you publish an article. Using a meta description that is relevant to your headline and the content itself will increase the chances of a searcher clicking on your result.
8) Your website speed
How quickly your web pages’ load is rapidly becoming a differentiator for search engines.
By analyzing trends in your area and examining your current buyers, Kirk Donovan Enterprises can develop a behavioral analysis strategy to customize your SEO campaign. We have over 40 years of experience in creating advertising campaigns and producing exceptional SEO results.
Kirk Donovan Enterprises has known for his prestige Digital Marketing strategies and services throughout Atlanta, GA. We take pride in delivering marketing that will exceed your expectations and deliver results.